Friday, December 2, 2011

Best Thin-crust Pizza

Posto
310 Second Avenue @ 18th Street
New York, NY 10003

Over the past three years, my friends and I have been on a constant search for the best pizza in the city. We quickly found that pizza was too broad of a topic, and that a slice from Artichoke is not comparable to the thin-crust mastery at Posto (equally delicious, but serve different purposes). That being said, Posto, a small pizza place conveniently located on my block, is the winner for the best thin-crust pizza in NYC. In the summertime they fill the adjacent sidewalks on 18th street and 2nd avenue with big picnic tables and outdoor table service. In the winter the small cozy restaurant oozes warmth and the smell of pizza permeates the block. All of the salads are good (my favorite is the tre colori), but I usually head straight for the reason I am there: the thinnest crust pizza you have ever seen. A number of the house pies are worth a try - especially the classica and the shroomtown, but after a few times eating here, I finally fell into a groove with my own custom pie, marinara sauce & cheese for the base with homemade sweet italian sausage and fresh mozzarella on top. Although the location is quite convenient for me, I would still travel across manhattan (and I know people that do) to get my special thin-crust pizza from Posto, the Best I Ever had.

* Posto's Murray Hill brother, Vezzo, is just as good if you happen to find yourself in that neighborhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment