Thursday, November 24, 2011

Best Thanksgiving Sandwich

Provisions
Straight Wharf
Nantucket, MA 02554

In honor of my favorite holiday and my favorite place, I am going to stray a little bit from my NYC focus to tell you about the sandwich shop on Nantucket Island, Provisions. One of the many things I love about Thanksgiving (there are a lot) is the sandwiches made from leftovers. Even if my family doesn't spend Thanksgiving at my house, we are always sure to put our own turkey in the oven just so we can have the leftovers. This special lunch delicacy lasts only for about a week, and by the first week in December, I am already looking forward to next Thanksgiving. Lucky for me, I was introduced a few years ago to a sandwich shop on Nantucket and their Turkey Terrific sandwich. Provisions is located on Straight Wharf in Nantucket and is adjacent to and owned by one of the best restaurants on the island. They have a number of sandwiches on the menu, but if you've ever been inside or asked anyone who has, there's really only one choice: Turkey Terrific with smoked turkey, stuffing, cranberry & mayo on portuguese. After my first bite of a Turkey Terrific, I realized that I could now have the treat of leftovers from Thanksgiving year round - my favorite time to consume one is during beautiful summer day on the water. Next time you are in Nantucket be sure to head to Provisions for the Turkey Terrific and a taste of Thanksgiving regardless of the season, the Best I Ever ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment